Welcome. You have reached the website of the History and Translation Network, the new international network open to all scholars with an interest in the history of translation and interpreting. The Network was founded by a group of scholars who make up the Steering Group.
The aims of the Network
- To enhance the visibility of translation and interpreting history both in translation studies and in other disciplinary areas, especially history.
- To promote interdisciplinary dialogue and collaboration between all scholars with a historical interest in translation and interpreting, regardless of their disciplinary background.
- Read more about our Aims and Objectives
Read the Manifesto of the Network.
Who is it for?
- Researchers and students of any institutional, geographical or disciplinary background with a historical interest in translation and/or interpreting.
- Independent researchers are welcome.
- Membership is free. Click her to Join.
HTN2022: The Inaugural conference
- The first official event organized by the Network will be an international conference held in Tallinn, Estonia, 25-28 May 2022 on History and Translation: Multidisciplinary Perspectives
- Read more about the conference